Mattias over at Deploy Windows beat me to the punch here, but its still good news none the less. Windows 8.1 ADK is out! I highly recommend it, it works just fine with Windows 7 but do be advised this will not work with WinXP or Vista. Also make sure to check out MDT 2013 as well.
Now its time to get to know the new Assessment and Deployment Kit, ADK, for Windows 8.1.
There have been some updates in the tools and to name a few
- New installation path: %PROGRAMFILES(x86)%\Windows Kits\8.1\Assessment and Deployment kit
- Windows Assessments got new assessments
- Windows Performance Toolkit got most of their updates in WPA like Comparative Analysis Views
- DISM got support for Windows 8.1/2012 R2/PE 5.0 and Vista support is dropped
- In Sysprep the User interface is deprecated
Now – time to go download the bits!
Windows Assessment and Deployment Kit (Windows ADK) for Windows 8.1: http://www.microsoft.com/en-US/download/details.aspx?id=39982
What’s New in the Windows ADK for Windows 8.1: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/hardware/dn247001.aspx
Windows ADK Overview: http://msdn.microsoft.com/sv-se/library/windows/hardware/hh825486