Mandatory Reading: Another great post from Mr. Keith, reading this logs is an essential skill, that must take practice to master.
I wanted to share a quick video on how to find some basic log files in MDT (2012 and 2013).
Some Key takeaways
- Start off looking for your bdd.log file.
- You might also need to look at the smsts.log file:
- Use the SLShare property to automatically copy the logs to a server file share.
- When asking for help on the MDT TechNet Forms, copy the log files to a public site like OneDrive and share the link.
- CMtrace.exeis your tool of choice for viewing log files.