Good to Know…
Microsoft released the much anticipated MDT 2013 Update 1 Preview this week, See the announcement here.
Johan Arwidmark has already done an excellent analysis of the latest build, but I though I would pile on as well. :^)
So what issues am I tracking:
- Perhaps the biggest missing component is a new task sequence for the new Windows 10 “OS Upgrade”. There have been several blog posts on the subject, so I would have expected to see it by now.
- .TemplatesServer.xml has a fix for ImageBuild > 6 in Sysprep, but .TemplatesClient.xml is missing that fix.
- Still a lot of XP and Vista legacy code in LTIApply.wsf and LTISysprep.wsf.
- Readers of this blog may recall my fix for LTIApply.wsf and split WIM’s. The solution Microsoft has chosen to address Split Wim’s is very similar ;^)
- Only minor fixes to ZTIWindowsUpdate.wsf. I have several other updates on my blog.
View original post 214 more words